Tuesday, April 13, 2010

RockHound's Paradise; Raleigh Gem & Mineral Show!

I was away on business last week (for the day-job) and haven't had much time for my creative side or my usual crafty online activities, so I was absolutely thrilled when my hubby found the ad in our local paper for the Raleigh Gem & Mineral show at the Raleigh fairgrounds! I had a fantastic time at this show when I went a few years ago and found some unique jewelry supplies, most of which have been made into jewelry and sold.

I spent a ton of time picking out fossils and can't wait to get started making new jewelry with the fossilzed ammonites and sand dollars I came home with. My amazingly wonderful and patient hubby dropped me off at the show (all in one large room) and came back after exploring the entire flea market outside at the fairgrounds--I had just made it to the back corner on my way around the outside of the room (about 1/3 of the way around the outside, with three big interior rows and the remaining 2/3 of the outside still to go!!!). Sometimes I can't believe he puts up with me ;)

4 comments:

LindaS said...

I also went Saturday afternoon and came away with some gorgeous cabs, including a couple of jaspers and several lapis ovals cabs that I will bezel set into pendants and/or earrings.

Nina said...

Sounds like a totally fun time! :)

cabbingrough said...

Lucky, lucky! I need to go to a good rock show, it's been too long!

teener1416 said...

following you!!

please follow me!

www.lithuanianeggart.blogspot.com

love your blog set up!

wow these items are so unique!!