Monday, February 22, 2010

Removing Obstables in the Creative Process

For me the creative process is spontaneous (and often messy). Since moving in our first house in November I've found that I'm spending a lot less time making jewelry. There are many reasons for this, first and foremost being that we have a house to take care of now :) However, after realizing that my overwhelming urge is to be in the same room as my hubby (hence our choice of a house with an open floor plan downstairs) and accounting for the fact that my craft room is upstairs (where we spend very little waking time), I decided to remove one barrier to my creative process by setting up a small workstation in my dining room along the half-wall looking into the living room area.
Now my tools and supplies are within reach when the urge to make jewelry strikes :)I've already made a bunch of new charms and a fantastic new necklace I hope to have pics of soon.

No comments: