Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy Surprises

It's always nice to get a surpise gift, and this weekend I was the lucky recipient of several! My parents live in Vermont (I live in Raleigh, NC) so imagine my surprise when my Dad called on Saturday to say he was in Virginia on his way to my place! No only that, he was driving down and flying back so he could GIVE me his old car!!! It must be said, my parents rock! :) In addition to the big gift of the new-to-me Olds Intrigue my Dad brought along some surprises of the crafty variety (pictured above). The 24ga silver-plated copper wire is actually scrap from the wire factory where my Dad works--I love that I'm re-using something that would have been thrown away (and it just happens to be identical to the wire I've been using that I purchased from ACMoore!) All in all, as much as I loved the gifts, the best part of the weekend was getting to watch a baseball game with my two favorite guys, Hubby and Dad :)

1 comment:

AuroraRose said...

what a lovely dad you have!