Monday, July 13, 2009

Rockin' the DDM--Smu's Successful Day!


This past Saturday was the third Designers' Downtown Market for 2009 and without a doubt it was my most successful show to date! I was given a prime location in the Ornamentea parking lot just inside the entry across from the Popsicle Vendor Locopops (which was great for traffic as the day grew warmer!)

Despite a few incidents early in the day (in my clumsiness I knocked over and broke a ceramic hand and one of my star-shaped mirrors while setting things up) my displays held up well and there were no wind-related catastrophes :) The wooden hands generated lots of comments as they always do, and I got quite a few compliments on the suitcase. In fact, several returning customers remembered my set-up for previous shows and commented on the overall progress I have made in improving my booth, which made me very happy! In addition to my returning customers, I also had a special visit from my Twitter friend TheSickChick! Keep an eye on her blog as she will be posting about the DDM and may just include a photo of the two of us in my booth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds so great! I'm very happy for your successful show!
--
Joanna
http://joannasfoto.com/blog/

Holly said...

Yay for good shows! I've noticed that location has so much to do with the success of a show. Anywhere near the food vendors is usually the place to be.