Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Google Base--Improve the Visibility of Your Shop on the Web

Go Google your shop name right now and see what comes up. If you aren't seeing your individual listing pages, keep reading! Using Google Base has drastically improved my Google search results. For those of you who are scratching your heads right now, Google Base is a tool where you can go set up an account then load your listings directly into the Google product search database. After I signed up with Google Base and began loading my listings I saw a noticeable increase in sales to customers who had signed up for Etsy that same day (a good indication that they found the item they purchased through a non-Etsy search.)

Once you have signed up with Google Base, rather than uploading each of your listings manually, I suggest reading this article in the Storque with instructions on how to set up automatic updates to Google Base via your shop's RSS feed. http://www.etsy.com/storque/etsy-news/tech-updates-feed-enhancements-google-base-and-more-3173/ Once set up, your RSS feed will upload all of the listings in your shop to Google on a daily basis to ensure that all listings and information are up to date.

1 comment:

Evie's Tool Emporium said...

I receive sales every single day from customers who found me on google base! It took me a few times to get it up and running, but worth every moment!
Michelle-