Tuesday, May 19, 2009

New Work! E6000 Glue Project

I got out the glue this weekend and made some new jewelry using fossils and a geode slice from a gem and mineral show I shopped at last year (as well as a pretty aqua piece of seaglass). If you are thinking about making jewelry that requires glue, I highly recommend E6000.

There are zillons of different types of glue for sale--almost an entire aisle at my local craft store. When I first wanted to use glue for a jewelry project I did some research through forums of jewelry artists on Etsy and Flickr. Everyone came to the same conclusion--E6000 is the glue to use! After trying it, I absolutely agree! This is a seriously strong glue that I feel confident using to bond stones and glass to ring bases. I have also used it on plastic with great results. It dries clear and I am not strong enough to break the bond (I've tried!). One word of warning--E6000 smells terrible! Make sure you are outside or in a well-ventilated area!
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Karen said...

Love your jewelry! I use that glue too...it works great! Love your blog...

readingsully2 said...

Lovely jewelry. Not familiar with that glue. Is it good for other things as well.