Friday, April 11, 2008

Buy Green! Recycled Jewelry by Etsy Artist ArtworkbyKD

I found this fantastic artist on Etsy today and had to share her wonderful recycled-material jewelry! Read more about ArtworkbyKD below and follow the link to her Etsy shop!ArtworkbyKD: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5616668
ArtworkbyKD Describes Herself:
Ok, so a little bit about me? I'm 24, and from NE PA. I have a bachelor's degree in Fine Arts (emphasis on painting). I'm also a musician, I'm a singer songwriter and I play guitar. I started my artwork business (Artwork by KD) a few months ago. Along with earrings I also paint portraits and sell my paintings.When it comes to my jewelry making I'm inspired by color big time! Usually a recycled object's color or texture will catch my eye. I use everyday empty containers from my household and I pay special attention to those containers that are not recyclable in my community. I never buy things and empty the contents just to simply make earrings from the container. I use what I have, or what my family members donate to me:) It's the luck of the draw! Some of my items are limited due to the usage of it's contents, but that's great because it keeps my materials and items fresh! I also cover recycled plastic with tissue paper to achieve bold, beautiful color! These earrings are fun, and one of a kind. They are an extension of me and my personal style. I love what I do and I'm excited to wake up everyday and make something new!!

4 comments:

ThePeachTree said...

I love love love recycled jewelry art :) Thank you so much for bringing this artist to our attention!

The Lone Beader® said...

I think it's great when artists use recycled materials!! :D

Jen said...

oh wow, that is really great- it's hard to believe people can be so creative with recylced materials.. great work!

Anonymous said...

Wow this artist is from my neck of the woods! Thank you for the feature.