Saturday, March 1, 2008

Messy Jessie--Are Creativity and Organization Mutually Exclusive?



I have never been what you might call an 'organized' person. My craft room is a perfect example of this. I goes through cycles............When it gets too messy to function and I can no longer navigate to all the corners of the room I start cleaning. I barely ever get the room to a state I would call 'clean' or 'organized' before getting side-tracked. I'll either unbury some half-finished project I had forgotten, or inspiration will strike while I'm re-organizing supplies. I like to think that it's all part of my personal creative process ;)

3 comments:

Heather Buchanan said...

I don't understand people who can make things without also making a huge mess. Fantastic first blog post!!!

amy said...

You hit the nail on the head with this post. Who really can make things without leaving a mess? How does one stay organized? Personally I think Martha Stewart should organize my stuff for me and clean up after me. It's the only way it could work

e. marie jewelry said...

wow, this reminds me of my house! i have now taken over the living room, dining room table, and am creeping into the bedroom....

your blog looks great!